07 November 2011

Crossed - Ally Condie

The second book of the Matched trilogy is out! And it doesn't disappoint either.
 For those of you, who doesn't know about this book, here is the book description, according to amazon.com: In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

Well, I must say I just loved this book! I read Matched a few months ago and I just couldn't wait to read the next one. I finished the book in a day and now I'm itching for the next one. This book is a must read for those, who enjoy dystopia and it has a lot of romance in it, too! I find this a great mix, love and dystopia. Of course, those of you, who love Xander may have to wait for the last book in the trilogy, because he doesn't make a big appearance. But those of you, who are big Ky fans (ME!) will really enjoy reading it. The history is told from both Cassia's and Ky's point of view, which makes the book even more enjoyable. I found myself reading a chapter written from Cassia's point of view and when it was finished, I would read Ky's chapter as quickly as possible to know what would happen to Cassia, and vice versa.
The Society doesn't make such big appearance as in Matched, but it's in the background of the whole book. We are introduced to new characters called Indie, Vick, Eli and Hunter. And for once I can't complain about any of them. They are really well written and they suit the story very well. I can't wait to know more about them!
I can't wait for the next book! This trilogy has caught my attention from the beginning and now I am hooked. This book is one I recommend. If you haven't read Matched yet, I would recommend reading it before starting to read this one.

1 comment:

  1. What I liked most about this book was the two POVs, especially Ky's <333

    But Cassia's actions and indecisions kind of made me angry sometimes.

    Dying to read Reached though! <333

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis