06 June 2012

Review: Until I Die - Amy Plum

Release Date: May 8th, 2012
Hardcover: 357 Pages
Publisher: HarperTeen


Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.


Is it possible to say that Amy Plum outdid herself in this novel? I really think Until I Die was better than Die For Me, or at least, as good as. And that is something not many authors can accomplish. Paris is still as dazzling and Vincent and Kate still dazzle us with one the best romance in the young adult genre.

The story starts off already somewhat chaotic. After Kate beheaded the NUMA leader, Lucian, everything has been too calm. That's why we are introduced to some new characters, who are there to help our revenants in Paris deal with the situation. As usual, the plot is fast-paced and I was always completely captivated, meaning I couldn't put it down, literally. There are many ups and downs and Plum scatters funny dialogues through the whole novel, which just make me love her more! 

Kate has grown up a lot. I think she gets to experience what her fears and decisions will change not only her life but also Vincent's and many others'. She realizes that by preventing Vincent from dying to save a life will result in someone's death. She becomes a strong character that takes matters in her own hands; if you want something, you have to fight for it and she really wants a future with Vincent. Vincent is still the same swoon-worthy guy from Die For Me but, in my opinion, we get to see more sides to his character in this one. Not only Kate has grown a lot as a character, but their relationship did too. It's more mature and healthy which means more realistic in a way. 

Until I Die just proved to me once again why this series is one of my favorites, ever. I don't know if Amy's writing is just too beautiful, if the Parisian background is too alluring or if the story just completely draws me in, but one thing is fore sure: if you haven't read Die For Me yet, you are sure missing on something amazing.
To finish my review, I just have to say: HOW COULD AMY DO THIS TO ME? The cliffhanger is just to die for, now the title of the series "Die For Me" is literally making sense!




Amy Plum is the author of the International Bestseller DIE FOR ME, which is an Indie Next List pick, Romance Times top pick, and recipient of a starred review from School Library Journal. DIE FOR ME is the first novel in a YA trilogy set in Paris. Book 2 in the series, UNTIL I DIE, releases in May 2012.
Amy grew up in Birmingham, Alabama before venturing further afield to Chicago, Paris, London and New York. An art historian by training, she can be found on most days either daydreaming or writing (or both) in a Parisian cafĂ©.  Website / Twitter
(This picture is just TOO good, couldn't help it!)

3 comments:

  1. I need to read this series! I have this ARC, but I need to read book 1 first. It looks really good!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, I had all these awesome comments about your review, and then I saw Ian..and then ....nothing!
    Great review, I have book one and need to read them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review girl. i havent finished the first book yet i kind of have put it down and have forgotten about it. That photo is freaking awesome. eek

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis